"It’s been 10 years since we opened our first little store in Newmarket, Auckland. We had few customers and limited stock as we embarked on a fantastic journey to provide lingerie and swimwear for the fuller busted lady. Since those days, Avokado has gone from strength to strength as we have built up customers and stock alike. This has been a massive learning curve for all of us, and we have such a wonderful bunch of customers and staff! I want to personally pay tribute to you, our wonderful customers - we wouldn't be here without you and I am ever grateful for your custom, feedback and continued support. A very special mention needs to be made to all of our staff – present and past. These girls have put in hours of training and effort in order to learn both the technical and psychological aspects of bra fitting. Having a fitting is not always a favourite pastime for us girls, so it is amazing for us when an anxious customer leaves the shop feeling on top of the world - this is why we do it! Looking ahead to the future, our customers will remain number 1, and we will continue to strive for high standards in customer service and products, based on your feedback. On behalf of the Avokado team, we look forward to seeing you over the next 10 years!! Claire, Founder of Avokado xx
What are we doing to celebrate our 10 year anniversary?
More than anything else we want to thank all our wonderful customers for your support and custom over the past 10 years. We want to do that by giving away a variety of treats as well as lots of our amazing products. We're running an incredible competition where we're giving away 30 SETS OF LINGERIE!!! See full details further down.
Pacific Perfumes Soaps
A natural eco friendly soap from Pacific Perfumes based in the Aro Valley. Each soap is crafted using a pure natural vegetable base enriched with Tamanu Oil and Cocoa Butter, and fragranced with unique scents to capture the essence of the Pacific.
A scrumptious cupcake from Petal, based in Teed Street, Newmarket. Extensively tried and tested by the Avokado team, we can guarantee these are GOOD! These will only be available instore, during the weekend of the 14th and 15th of April, while stocks last.
Eco Store Lip Balm
A yummy plant based intensive lip balm from Ecostore. Made with natural beeswax to help protect against the elements and sweet almond oil to sooth and nourish dry lips.
30 Lingerie Sets in 30 days!!!
We've teamed up with these best selling Avokado brands to give away 30 SETS OF LINGERIE during our Anniversary month of April. All you need to do is purchase one of these brands from us - Freya, Fantasie, Elomi, Goddess, Wacoal - either instore or online, during April and you go in to the draw to win a set. See the T's & C's below.
Facebook Trivia Competitions
Just for a little bit of fun during the month, we're going to hit you with a few Trivia style competitions on Facebook. Keep your eye out on our Facebook page (or make sure you've liked us and allowed notifications) to give yourself a chance to win.
TERMS + CONDITIONS
30 Sets in 30 days
- By entering the prize draw, each entrant will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- This prize draw is run and promoted by Avokado Ltd.
- To enter, you need to purchase an item/s from a Wacoal brand (Freya, Freya Active, Freya Swim, Fantasie, Fantasie Swim, Elomi, Elomi Swim, Goddess or Wacoal) either in-store or online, during the month of April.
- The prize draw starts at 12.01AM on Sunday 1 April and closes at 11.59pm on Monday 30 April 2018. Any transactions made outside of this period will not be counted.
- Orders made online on days we are closed (Sunday 1 April, Monday 2 April and Wednesday 25 April) will still be included in the draw.
- One transaction equals one entry. Customers can enter as many times as they like during the month of April, but a single transaction cannot be 'split' at time of purchase, for example, if two items are being purchased, they must be sold in one transaction and not split in order to obtain two entries.
- Up to date contact details must be confirmed at time of purchase if purchase is being made in store, as the receipt from the transaction will be used as the entry.
- If the item/s purchased are returned as per our usual Terms (within 14 days for non-sale items and within 5 days for sale items), the entry into the draw will become void.
- Avokado reserve the right to disqualify any entrants we reasonably suspect of any improper conduct, or breaching any terms and conditions.
- The winners will be drawn at random on Tuesday 15 May 2018. There will be 30 winners, one for every day in April. We will contact the winners by either phone, cell phone or email. If the prize delivery email is returned or bounces back marked "undeliverable" then the prize is considered to be unclaimed and another winner will be drawn.
- Once contacted, winners must redeem their prize by Thursday 31 May 2018.